cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Domains NS

thewantedhost

Is there any way to change where my domain points too name server wise, as this is the only DNS management method I am familiar with.

If not, can you explain to me exactly what I need to do to get the domain to point to my site, behaving in the same was as changing name servers would.

Thanks,

TheWantedHost.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

Zone settings enable you to configure your domain name and your email. To change where you domain points, you would need to configure your zone setting. There is information online to help you change the zone settings in the Domains Centre. As this guide outlines, changes can take up to 24 hours to take affect.

If the zone settings are greyed out, or will not let you change them you will need to Contact the Domain Team.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Nguitar
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hello,

This can easily be achieved by obtaining the following A records from where you would like to have your site hosted.

Both the "Blank" and the "www" records will need to be updated in order to reflect the IP addresses from where you would like to have the site hosted. Keep in mind that "Blank" represents a "     " record in the DNS manager of your BT hosting control panel.

thewantedhost

OK, when I update my details, leave the page, then go back to check, they have changed back to what they used to be... I take it that the details that are there by default will go once the new details have propagated?

Thanks,

TheWantedHost.

thewantedhost

Any more on this?

Thanks,

TheWantedHost.

Nguitar
BT Partner
BT Partner

I believe that you may need to contact BT technical support in order to resolve this issue.

thewantedhost
That figures.

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

Zone settings enable you to configure your domain name and your email. To change where you domain points, you would need to configure your zone setting. There is information online to help you change the zone settings in the Domains Centre. As this guide outlines, changes can take up to 24 hours to take affect.

If the zone settings are greyed out, or will not let you change them you will need to Contact the Domain Team.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

Ian1974

If you require any changes to the nameserver for the domain, please use the nameserver re-point form at www.dnsforms.co.uk.

Any changes made in the domain console may not save due to browser incompatibility.

There are some known issues with IE8 &9, Safari and Google Chrome.

Regards,

Ian -F-

BT Business Domains

Quinnie

I have used the dnsform as suggested over four days ago.

I wish to repoint my name servers to host gator...but keep my email with bt all of which I completed on the form.

I have not heard anything and the change has not happened.

Ian1974

Hi Quinnie,

Sorry to hear you have not heard anything back.

If you can pm the reference number for your enquiry and the domain I will look into this.

Kind Regards,

Ian Ferrier

BT Business Domains