cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Issues in West/North Yorkshire

chipsuk

I know this isn't an official support route, but unable to contact BT any other way - support phone line constantly engaged, and 20 minute wait for live chat!

Can anyone give me any updates as to the issues in North and West Yorkshire that is stopping connections to the boradband network being made?

I have several clients who have all dropped out about 12.30 and are unable to connect. If it was just one, then fair enough, but 5 simultaneously?

Any information gratefully received

Thanks

Chris

11 REPLIES 11

soulsurfer

Hi Chris,

We had similar problems here in South West England. Apparently some people were still having problems related to this issue earlier today. Here's my (b)log of my attempts to get to the bottom of it, thus far without much success.

The story I heard most recently is that 3 authentication servers went down, and a large number of customers with static IPs and ultimately reliant on BT Wholesale were affected. The number 2 million has been mentioned to me. When things did burst back into life these unfortunates got allocated dynamic IPs instead of their much loved static ones.

Cheers,

Jim

JohnE
Guru

If you are still experiencing difficulties with getting your correct static IP address, there is a procedure outlined here:

Broadband back but static IP changed.

If that doesn't clear the problem, then Contact Us