cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Form on website not working again

amor

Hi I have the easysitewizardpro website and the contact us form that customers fill in does not work, it says Internal Server 500 error. Message I get is as follows :

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, or webmaster and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

This is now the second time this has not worked, and my customers are unable to contact me.

I reported this over 1 month ago and it seemed to work, but now this has happened again. There seems to be some sort of problem since the new EasysitePRO upgrade. This is not good for business.

I have been with BT websites for over 5 years, and seem to get problem after problem after each upgrade

10 REPLIES 10

korin

Hi Amor,

Have they sorted this out for you I have had this problem happening to me every day more or less since 23/09/13 and its been esculated but still not fixed .I have done screen shots ect and still no joy.How are you getting on myself personally I find it very upsetting and I get a contact from customer form once since I have found this problem losing me so business I am strugglingf for work before this I was doing well!! 😞 

amor

Hi Korin

This problem is still happening, nothing has been sorted yet. Everytime BT try for themselves the contact form works ok for them. What they do not seem to understand that this is happening to other people, so it must be a problem on their part. I know what you mean, My business is wedding stationery so very annoying if customers can not use my contact form.

Korin I would suggest that you put a message on your contact form for people to email you directly if your form does not work, that is what I have done until this problem gets sorted.

Its worth putting your email address on your website in large so customers can contact you easily.

I personally would keep pestering BT to sort this out, as you are paying for this service. I would ask to speak to someone senior if you are not getting anywhere.

Good luck 🙂

JamesL

Hi Amor,

I was wondering if you have had any more reports of this problem?

Could you PM me if you have,

Thanks

James

amor

Hi no the contact form is still not working today 11.12.13

When you fill in the information on the contact form and press submit it does not to to my thank you page, and I am not getting the customers emails to my email address

amor

Hi no still not sorted today 11.12.13, sometimes it works but majority of time does not work, I have tested it out myself and not getting my thank you page at the end of submit that customers should get, and also have asked friends to submit query via the contact form and I am not getting their messages..... very poor really and frustrating as I too am loosing a lot of business

markp
Grand Guru

Hi amor,

the most common problem with the contact us form, in Easysite Wizard is that the submit button has not value set. If you login to manage the website, and go to the contact us form, and look at the settings of the submit button, check that in the value box you have put the email address in to that the button knows where to send the informtion.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Markp

BT Business Forum Moderator

amor

Hi thanks for reply still does not work, It has been escalated to BT Hosting and Support.

The form has always worked up until about 8 weeks ago.

JamesL

Hi Amor

There was an issue yesturday which was identifyed late last night and we belive should be resolved on the webform submission,

can you confirm how everything is this morning for me please?

Thanks

James

amor

Hi it seems to be ok today, and I have tested it and asked others to test, but this seems to happpen quite frequently. I will keep my eye on it

Many thanks