cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Screening on BT Business Hub 2701

JKH

I received a new BT Business hub yesterday to replace an old version that had been damaged by lightning (excellent service BTW!).

I previously had turned off content screening on the old hub as it stopped working properly and assumed that it was due to the age of the router (it was at least 5 years old).

The new router had the content screening section on the configuration pages and so I enabled it but it still doesn't work. This is a brand new hub, fresh out of the shrink wrap.

Is the content screening service still offered by BT or has it been deprecated, and if the latter, why offer it as a feature on a brand new router?

TIA

Julian

2 REPLIES 2

Plumly
Grand Master

what happens, Does it come up with an error page or does it just not recognise the page as being wrong

JKH

It was just taking forever to return anything, even something as simple as www.bing.com or www.google.com

To be honest it was so frustrating that I did't bother to wait for it to return, I just turned off content screening and miraculously I could navigate to pages again.