cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Cancellation Charge

gingostarr_2000

Hello, our company has used BT for internet service and phone calls since we set up 8 years ago.  We moved offices in June and therefore started a new contract with BT Business for broadband services on a 24 month contract.  We rely heavily on our email system as our clients work overseas.

Since the office move our internet service was shocking constantly dropping out of signal, this affected our relationship with our clients and resulted in losing some clients.  After making numerous phone calls getting various excuses we decided to choose a different provider of our broadband as BT are not personal enough and have only profits in mind when it comes to customer service.  We have now received a bill form BT for the remaining 22 months we have cancelled.  What is best route to contest this bill as we have had a loss of income due to the poor service from BT and feel that BT have failed to provide us with the service that was agreed when joining the contract.

3 REPLIES 3

OldWolf
Guru

Hi,

Out of curiousity give us some idea of what happened.  The 'After making numerous phone calls getting various excuses' and 'BT are not personal enough' are very vague.

Cheers.

Dave A

gingostarr_2000

sorry about the vagueness!  basically we were constantly losing our broadband signal and I spent numerous hours on the phone being passed from pillar to post between foreign and british call centres. Every call I made I had to explain the problem, and even got cut off by one delightful foreign call advisor after being on the phone 20 mins, which meant we had to phone and explain all again.

We eventually got passed to the engineering team where we did actually get a contact who was responsible for dealing with the issue, I believe his name was Vaughan and he even gave us his mobile number, and was very helpful.  Our problem is that it took 2-3 weeks to resolve the broadband problems which has cost us a number of clients.  Not to mention the cost of myself spending all the time on the phone. 

We are now passing our broadband and phone service to a local provider who we can deal with directly have an allocated account manager and is all very personal.  However BT have given us this cancellation charge and we want to contest it due to the poor service.

OldWolf
Guru

Hi,

That sounds fair enough to be honest.  If you haven't already then I would advise calling the Customer Options Team.  It's 0800 800 152, and select the cancellation option.

If it was them that said you would be charged then I could only advise contacting Complaints through the webforms, or through 0800 800 154.  Try and have as much information as you can to hand, especially names and reference numbers, as this makes the whole thing easier.

Hope that helps.

Dave A