cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draytek Vigor 120 Not Connecting No Response from server side error

HarriOwen

Hello i have a vigor 2820 router which i have 2 ADSL connections plugged into the first in DSL port the second connects to a vigor 120 and then into the WAN2 ethernet port of the 2820 router.

I have been connecting ok with the connection straight into the router but with the connection running through the 120 modem i am having issues. Firstly it was dropping out every few hours so i thought i would check the settings on the modem itself so i plugged it directly into my computer and changed some settings making sure they were the same as BT recommends i have also checked all this with BT on phone settings it with correct login details, VC MUX setting, ppoa, ADSL2+ type, PAP, VCI ect.

However upon connecting the modem back to the router i now cannot connect at all and am getting "no response from server side" error message for that connection.

I have tried turning them both on and off and have factory reset the modem and tried the original settings also but it now simply doesn't connect. The only settings i cant set correctly is VCI on the router side as it sais they must be unique and so i can only set one to 38, this however does not make a difference to the connections as far as i can tell as they both do the same no matter which is set as 38. Also when i connect my original BT home hub up I am able to connect fine using that. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the correct settings here or know where i may have gone wrong?

3 REPLIES 3

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

Should be LLC SNAP, vpi 0, vci 35, PPPoE.

Thanks

HarriOwen

Ok I left it off all night plugged it back in and it was fine. Thanks for the information I have set this on the draytek router now but do i need to change anything on the modem as i think its just factory set to the other settings?

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

No need to adjust settings on the modem, they're all preset.

THanks