cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridging a Draytek Vigor 2830n

Andypolshaw
Greetings. I had the above router for my previous Adsl connection worth demon and now I'm on infinity I'd like to get the most out. I'm using my business hub as the main access and it is providing the 5ghz wireless and DHCP over that and lan. The system is located centrally in the building and is hosting the 2.4ghz wireless. I cannot work out how to do any bridging so the draytek is a routed connection which means there isn't a direct upnp connection between devices on the 2.4ghz and those on the 5ghz or Ethernet.

In an ideal world, I'd get the draytek to do DHCP and vpns but I'd at least like it if the Ethernet and 2 wireless networks were bridged. Any ideas on how I could do this? I could attach an Ethernet cable directly between the business hub and the draytek. It'd be fiddly but, if I was certain it would work, I could do it. Right now, they're connected via a switch.

Thanks in advance
Andy Polshaw
1 REPLY 1

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

The only way to connect the BT hub to another router is via cable.  There is no wireless bridge available.

There's a couple of things to do to get the BT router to work as an access point and if you follow some best practices it should work without a problem.

The router that is doing DHCP needs a narrower scope, say 10 - 254.

Change the IP of the BT router to something outwith this scope, anything from 2-10

Disable DHCP on the BT router. And that's it.

Thanks