cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMail from @btconnect to @mydomain

surestart

Hi,

I have recently taken over a clients website (hosted with BT).

The domain name is registered with BT.

When I log into their account (as the primary user) and go to 'manage services, then 'emails' and 'email summary'. I do have the option to view the current mailboxes (6 so far). However I do not have the option to set up Aliases, it says 'Not Available'. 

All I want to do is, instead of displaying the joebloggs@btconnect.com email on their new website, I want to display joebloggs@mydomain.co.uk, and have these go to the joebloggs@btconnect.com mailbox.

Would there be any reason why I cant / don't have the option to set up Aliases? I have already been through various posts and troubleshooting, I am logged in as the primary user, and I have also tried to create a new joebloggs2@btconnect.com address, which I know has nothing linked to it. But still I dont have the option. It's 'greyed out'.

Thanks in advance,

J

3 REPLIES 3

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

When you say the domain is registered with BT, are you sure it's actually hosted with BT, and that the MX records are set correctly?

If you want you can PM me the domain and I'll have a quick look for you, or you can put a query through http://www.dnsforms.co.uk, as they'll be able to do more than me.

Dave

surestart

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Dave.

Yes the domain is definitley hosted with BT. I can go to my profile, manage my domain, and it takes me to hostingbt.com (BT Web Centre).

From here I have access to FTP manager, php settings, statistics etc...

Nowhere regarding emails.

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

Sounds like there's an issue with the MX records.  They have to be set correctly for our system to pick them up and allow things like aliases.

If it's old platform then your MX record would have to be ibmr.btconnect.com to be able to add/change aliases in our system.

Dave