cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyBlogBuilder

david
I have just used EasyBlogBuilder to create a blog on my website created by the EasySite Wizard. However the blog is pointing to the home page and I need to change the url to another page within my website. I cannot find any information on how to do this. I have even considered deleting the blog altogether and setting it up again as I can define the url on set up. But I cannot even find information on how to delete the blog. Can anyone help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LisaBT
Power User

Hi There,

Both Starter and Advanced packages contain both the original EasyBlogBuilder (EBB) and the newer, EBB v2.0.  .

I believe you are accessing the original, not v2.  When you first run the application, you can specify if you want to have the blog at the main domain level or a sub-directory.  Once its been selected and the blog is launched, it cannot be changed in the future.  It’s a one-time set-up choice.  In EBB v2 there is no such choice as to where to place the blog as in the original EBB - this was one of the key changes in the newer version.

I've tested the EBB with the option of setting up at the main level, and it overwrote my website (something which you probably do not want to happen!).  Unfortunately there is no way to change this, so it is recommended that you set up a new blog on EBB V.2

There is no delete function or button to remove the blog directly from the application.  We tested some methods using FTP and going through the website files to locate those associated with the blog and removing select files.   If you go into your /private/blogger/ folder and remove the files and directories here, then also go to  /public/blog2/template/images/ folder and remove the files here as well then the blog should be removed. 

Hope this helps.  

Thanks,

Lisa

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cantoris
Power User

2 years on from the first post, I have the same problem. A attempt to use EasyBlogBuilder has created some unusable but publicly visible pages. I too cannot find a way of deleting them, either by the tool itself or by File Manager.

Can anyone please help?

Cantoris
Power User

Changing the URL is possible:

Get Started

Layout Manager

Manage

Blog Profile.

Still don't know how to delete the blog altogether.

Any suggestions?

Nigel.

LisaBT
Power User

Hi There,

Both Starter and Advanced packages contain both the original EasyBlogBuilder (EBB) and the newer, EBB v2.0.  .

I believe you are accessing the original, not v2.  When you first run the application, you can specify if you want to have the blog at the main domain level or a sub-directory.  Once its been selected and the blog is launched, it cannot be changed in the future.  It’s a one-time set-up choice.  In EBB v2 there is no such choice as to where to place the blog as in the original EBB - this was one of the key changes in the newer version.

I've tested the EBB with the option of setting up at the main level, and it overwrote my website (something which you probably do not want to happen!).  Unfortunately there is no way to change this, so it is recommended that you set up a new blog on EBB V.2

There is no delete function or button to remove the blog directly from the application.  We tested some methods using FTP and going through the website files to locate those associated with the blog and removing select files.   If you go into your /private/blogger/ folder and remove the files and directories here, then also go to  /public/blog2/template/images/ folder and remove the files here as well then the blog should be removed. 

Hope this helps.  

Thanks,

Lisa

Cantoris
Power User

Thank you. The blog has now gone.

Nigel.