cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Webhosting Migration - Website Creator Login

legend88
Hi all,
This is my first post and to be honest I am after some help as I have been unable to get it from BT so far.

Some time ago I created a (quite simple) website with BT Website Creator hosted via BT and my Internet Business Pack. With the recent webhosting migration to BT's latest platform, I have been informed that as although Website Creator is no longer available to new customers of BT webhosting, existing users can continue to use this website creation tool. However, we have been told that we are no longer able to access it via "Your Account" at BT broadband office but that we must login via the following link:

All well and good, and BT have emailed me with my new Username and Password for this purpose (In their confirmation of website migration completion), however the login using these new details creates an "Authentication failure".

Has anyone else had this problem or can you help me with this problem? So far I have not found anyone at BT that even understands the problem?

Thanks,

Legend88
www.mpcproperty.co.uk
6 REPLIES 6

Ian
Hi Legend,

Best thing to do is to goto http://www.dnsforms.co.uk and fill out the general enquiry form and I will be able to investigate this problem further.

Ian - F -

The views expressed by myself are not necessarily those of BT

Message Edited by Ian on 11-01-2007 08:26 PM

Santhosh
Dear Legend88
sorry to hear u have problem with BT service.
U need to change the link to login to BT Website Creator tool - the correct link is (https://wsc2.btconnect.com)
The username will be your domain name (eg. xyzcompany.co.uk)
The password is your FTP paswsword - if you dont know that you can change that by loggin into the MyOffice site 
reply me if this helps
Message Edited by James on 11-05-2009 11:16 AM
Kind Regards,

Santhosh

Any views expressed by me are my opinion and not necessarily the opinion of BT.

mark
I have been unable to connect to the new web centre for the past week.

It was working fine, but has ceased to function for some reason.

I am using the correct method of log-in, ie navigating through from my bt broadband office account.

at my account home page I have 'your internet account' & under 'websites & domain names' I have 'manage your websites'.

then I click on manage: ''my domain name'' .co.uk, as it is displayed, then another new window opens that says redirecting to BT website centre.

but this window never connects to anywhere or displays anything. it just sits there waiting to load.
does anyone have an alternative method of logging into the website creator that currently works ok?

last week I was using http://wsc2.btconnect.com/ as a direct link to my web creator software, but it has stopped working to the point that the window never fully loads to the extent where I can see what is not functioning!

how does everyone elso log into the old web creator software since we were migrated to the 'new platform' that has done nothing but give me some major headaches?

thanks folks, I really need some help here in the logging in process, as i've been using the website creator since it was first launched & my site can be found by searching google for markthewelder (all one word) & you will spot my .co.uk site, although it is named as .com (dont even ask).

I have tried the dedicated 'help desk' without success, as they cant find any problem anywhere. I have no problems with any other websites & I fully understand how a pc works.

just the web creator log in has got me beat, again!

thanks in advance.
'never giving up'

mark
thanks for that Santosh,

the link you pasted here actually works & yet I was using the embedded links direct from my bt account - very strange that they dont work properly.

I cant thank you enough to be quite honest, as I have been at this for weeks now!

my passwords are all fine & everything is just spot on again, thank you sincerely Santhosh& why cant bt be this helpful with rapid suggestions & solutions.

thanks

Mark.
'never giving up'

harris_lisa

Hi, I recently purchased a web hosting pack and a domain name and when I activated it it took over a domain name that I had actually transfered away from BT hosting. I therefore cannot use the domain name that I purchased with the hosting package as I cannot change the primary domain. I was advised to contact BT to have the hosting package cancelled so that I could reorder another one to link my new domain from scratch. However this was 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting for someone to contact me back.

I am obviously been charged each month for this and the payment for the site has come off my account.

Can you help with this?

Tracey
Guru

Hi harris_lisa,

I am sorry to read about the problems that you are having with your domain and web hosting package.

You would need to contact our team on 0845 600 7020 opt 2 this is the technical team who would be able to assist you with this.

Hope this is of help

Tracey

BT Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.