cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasySite web page wizard

Mike_L

EasySiteWizard Pro and EasySiteWizard do not appear to work on my windows Vista machine - although they both work on an XP machine I tried - Does anyone have a work around or advice?

thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Chantale
Master User
YOur web browser on Vista could easily be the issue. Internet Explorer on the Vista has issues with the Easy Site Wizard. Try downloading Mozilla Firefox as a web browser and it should work fine.

Mike_L
Thanks for that, however I'm using "firefox" - the webpage appears to be opening the applications but then hangs.

Chantale
Master User
Alright. Try clearing your cache and cookies. Under Tools, Clear private Data. Once you cleared this, close the browser or refresh the browser and it should work fine. You need to make sure that every time you log into the BT website Centre you click on "log out". If you do not do this, you will have a problem signing in.

Mike_L

I've tried that and no joy, I get as far as:-

https://hosting.hostingbt.com/OS4/index.php?jumpto=FS_application

but it doesn't load that page.

thanks for the suggestion

Chantale
Master User
Ok. This URL https://hosting.hostingbt.com/OS4/index.php?jumpto=FS_application means you need to log into the BT Website Centre using your domain name and the password. Once you do this, it will load the BT Website Centre.

Mike_L
I access the website centre through my account login which takes me through via "manage mywayisclear.com" and there is no other request for a login! Did you mean the ftp site, because I can't access that either - same problem the web page just hangs

Chantale
Master User
Ok. I just logged in and it works fine. I'm able to access both Easy Site Wizard and the FTP. There is something cached on your computer. Make sure you clear all your cache and cookies, restart your computer and refresh your browser.

Mike_L

Yes, so it does for me from an XP machine on the same network as the Vista - but it doesn't work with the machine running Vista. I suppose that there's something in Vista stopping it !!!

Thanks for trying.

Chantale
Master User
Ok. There might be something stopping it in Vista. I do not have information on Vista, only the web browsers on Vista don't always work with the Easy Site Wizard programs. Sorry for any inconvenience.