cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email migration to office 365 doesn't work - help!!!!!

rossco

Hi,  

Hoping that some-one will be able to help me find out how I can get my outlook 2007 mail client to start receiving emails again after BT migrated our office mail server over to the new 365 system.  thus far no-one has answered any of the phone numbers that I dial for the BT 'support', and all the information on the BT website appears to give the wrong server setting details.

Any help greatly appreciated as its been a couple of days now that I can-not download my emails.

Ross.

23 REPLIES 23

CDM
I can send email but not receive since the migration last week. I have had no joy from BT as I don't have a laptop (just iPad & iPhone) so they just emailed me the settings which I already know and they dont work! My email isn't receiving on outlook web access or any of my devices. I have tried all the settings that others have recommended on this forum and nothing works. Can anyone advise on what to do specifically for iPad/iPhone or any settings on web access? I have spent hours on this already! Please help.

gugaguga
Power User

Hi CDM. Can you please post your Outgoing and Incoming mail servers set here? We should be able to verify that.

CDM
Smtp.btconnect.com 587 Pop3.btconnect.com 110 cathymilner@btconnect.com

FSDSMAN
Power User

I manage around 20 accounts with BT business broadband and over 40 or so domains. The migration to the MS Cloud service office has totally screwed up domain registration, existing email domain accounts, transfer of domains and activation of service and the help desk is so full of calls that you will get a call back maybe in 2 weeks.

I do not pay over £60 PM per account to simply have them roll out a system live that affects business customers without trial and agreement with the end user.

The only customers that are not affected are the sites were I run their own exchange servers.

This is totally un-acceptable for a business provider and I have had appologetic phone calls from engineers and support managers but who is going to pay the bill.

They admitted to me that they have made a major "fu*k up" in this roll out which also took down 3 of the domains I had registered and moved over and I still cannot get a simple computer to log onto their mail server or be authenticated and the account is rejected.

No notification was sent to me of the proposed change in service from what my contractual service agreement was sent, I feel that compensation should be paid and also because of "changed terms and service" from what I and 30 or so managed clients agreed to the contract is null and void and BT are in breach of the agreement.

Time to demand what we paid for and contractually agreed to.