cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eshop VAT query

Predator

Hi all

We initially were going to set up the eshop under our current company and therefore the VAT and everythign was fine.#

Now however we have decided to open it as a seperate company which means the first £68000 turnover is none VAT  applicable.

We have however already added 400 products to the eshop with VAT at 15%.

How do I change the VAT for ALL of the products to zero without altering each one individually ?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

whoknows
Super User

Hi, not sure if this will work....but try and export the products files (there's a import/export action under products)  Export the file and it should turn into an excel sheet. I am not sure if a VAT colum is available on the export file, but it should be easier to change (copy/paste) in excel and then import the modified file.

As i said, i have not done this myself, but worth considerin.  Suggest you take a backup of the eShop before you export and certainly before you import  - i just hope you don't get 800 products after importing!

maybe worth waiting to get a second opinion....

Let me know how you get on...

eShopTeam
Master User

Hello Predator, 

Altering the VAT by a single click was implemented with the eShop update a few months ago. Please check "Settings -> Tax calculation -> Tax model" in your eShop administration. Your eShop can now handle both tax models. Setting the tax model of the shop to "gross" will display all prices as gross prices as default. You can set the tax model for registered customers to be able to display net prices for business customers.

Sincerely,

Message Edited by eShopTeam on 17-09-2009 04:21 PM
The eShop Team