cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange server on Infinity

simcfc73

Hi,

Does BT support using an exchange server on Inifinity? I have just been on the phone to BT who have excelled themselves (only been on BT for 3 hours and regretting it).

Firstlt they tried to tell me I needed to set up a btconnect email address then they checked and they have set up the relaying for my domain but I am still getting a 550 error message.

I have tried connecting the connector via DNS, and 2 smarthosts addresses.

mail.btconnect.com

smtp.btconnect.com

and both come back with 550 error messages.

ANYONE PLEASE HELP

3 REPLIES 3

markp
Grand Guru

Hi simcfc73,

Once a domain name has been added for mail relay, to allow you to send mail through the BT mail servers, it can take upto 24hrs for it to work properly.  If after 24hrs the domain name still does not send mail through our servers, you will need to contact the helpdesk to get them to check why it is still not working properly.

Regards

Markp

simcfc73

It appears there is a new system in place whereas a BTconnect email account needs to be set up for this to work for some reason... this is to do with the new BT 365 system. Its quite difficult to grasp if this is true as one person is saying one thing and the next time I phone up its a different solution.

I would recommend to anyone thinking of moving to BT to consider the fact they don't understand how other email systems work with BT... I have been without emails since midnight now.

Jessica

Hi,

I am accesing the mails on my system at home.

My question is, I have to face the same problem when I try to access my mail on other system? If yes, then what is the solution for it?