cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Uploads not letting me login

ste3330

Hi im trying to upload a website with FileZilla and it wont let me connect iv read a few threds on how to do it and I still carnt login. Also iv tryed to upload it with the file manager to the public folder with no results, witch folder do i upload them to and how do I select a page to be the homepage for the website. Iv uploaded my website to a free hosting company with no problems in 5min with filezilla Is there no way of copying it to BT.

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

duskjome
BT Partner
BT Partner

To connect to filezilla you would use your domain name with no www. but with the .com (or .org, .net, .co.uk and etc) for the user name and the host name. The password is the same one you use to log in to your BT control panel (to access the file manager for example.)

Files would be uploaded into your public folder directly and the homepage should be named index.htm or index.html. You can change this, if you want a different file name for your homepage, by creating a text file named .htaccess and adding the line of text "DirectoryIndex filename.ext" replacing filename.ext with whatever filename you want your homepage to be.

You can copy a page you have elsewhere, like on your free webhosting account, by downloading it to your computer and reuploading it to your public folder on our side.