cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP connection problems

gmilne

A friend asked me to set up there web page and upload it to there bthosted site but it is not allowing me to connect to ftp the page.  The site is: www.outthereadventure.co.uk

I think I am using the correct details to connect via filezilla:

address = ftp.outthereadventure.co.uk

username= outthereadventure.co.uk

The password I have reset in case it was that and though the rest has happily accepted the new password its still not letting me to connect via ftp.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

twinklespinalot

Hi

I've been there! Especially since most of our old site was created in frontpage which the bt servers don't seem to like very much.  However I cracked this some time ago with the help of a very persistant, helpful BT DNS phone technician.

Check first that the account holder has ftp set up correctly on their account under web hosting.  Then, this may work for you: 

I usually open a webpage and type in the name of the ftp site e.g. would be for you ftp://outthereadventure.co.uk then use the password they set up for ftp - sometimes this falls over at first with an error message and you have to use the "Login As" option under "File" (top menu on the web page), if it comes to this option, only type in outthereadventure.co.uk as the user name without the ftp:// bit.  There is usually a "public" folder visible on the ftp webpage once you have successfully logged in, where BT recommend you upload web files to. Once logged in, I have a separate window open with the folder containing all our web and html pages.

To upload, I then drag the files across from that folder window to the ftp window.  This is according to BT one of the easiest methods for uploading web files to a site.

I hope this helps you.

BLWRAVE
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hello

When i use filezilla as well  i just use this for example

HosT: outthereadventure.co.uk

User: outthereadventure.co.uk

I never use ftp.outthereadventure.co.uk

but i tested my site and it does works with .FTP and without it

did you try to create a test FTP account in FTP manger? i would just make one and see if it works