cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File permission error

30jon30
Hi All, Every time i try to upload a picture i get the "file permission error" i have a picture taken with my camera of my item on my computer so who could i possibly need permission from? 🙂 i have tried saving the picture in mspaint as jpg but makes no difference,and have tried disable the firewall and makes no difference,phoned bt only to be told to ring their 0906 number, i told them they must be joking! if no one can help will probably cancel and use someone else, can anyone recommend a more simple web site creator? thanks in advance Jon.
5 REPLIES 5

agowans

Hi Jon,

This is a known issue with Vista machines, it seems to have happened since a Microsoft Update.  The work-around is to upload the file via FTP into the directory: public/ESW/Images/

The image will then show in your gallery in Easy Site Wizard.  A bonus of this is that if you use an FTP client (try 'Filezilla' client) you can upload as many images as you want in one go and far more quickly than through the ESWPro software.

Your FTP details will be

FTP Host:  ftp://ftp.(your-domain-name.co.uk)

Username: (your-domain-name.co.uk)

FTP password:  whatever you set this to be when you set up the software.  You can change this in Manage Webhosting section.

Hope this helps.

30jon30
Hi, Thanks for the reply, have downloaded filezilla, but dont have a clue how to use it, can anyone help? thanks Jon.

orchie
Grand Master

Hi Jon,

When you open FileZilla you'll see a bar at the top of the program which starts with "host". You need to enter the following information in these fields then press quickconnect:

Host: This is your FTP address which should have been provided by BT e.g. ftp.mydomain.com

Username: Your FTP username

Password: Your FTP password

Port: You can leave this blank

Once you press Quickconnect you should now see your server file structure in the right hand window. To upload files browse to the folder you want to upload them to by double clicking in this window. The left hand window shows the files on your computer again browse to the folder where the photos are then if you are in the desired folder in the right window you can double click on the photos and they will upload or just drag them across.

30jon30

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

Response: 530 Connection refused, unknown IP address.

Error: Critical error

Error: Could not connect to server

Hi All, Still cant work filezilla, above is what message i get, all i want to do is add a few photos, and i am using xp pro not vista, thanks all. Jon.

orchie
Grand Master

Hi Jon,

Whats your domain name? It looks like it might not be setup properly.