cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Webmaster Tools

twinkle
I am trying to verify and do not know where to put the meta tag.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

twinkle

I used FTP last night and stuck it in the public folder. My site is still fine, and verified OK.

I then made a change and re-published my site - it doesnt overwrite the inserted file as suggested somewhere on here.

Thanks for any help.

Twink

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

travesty

Hey Twinkle,

Simply add the meta tag within the <head> section on your homepage and your done!

If your unsure check Google's help pages on verification or this article from Google Knol.

twinkle

hey Travesty,

Thanks for helping.

I'm using Easy Site Wizrd Pro.

How do I get at the  <head> section to insert thetag?

Twink

dave
Guru

Forget it, you don't get access to this.

You can do Keywords and things though but going into the page properties.

twinkle
Can I not do it thru FTP?

dave
Guru
You can, but as has been mentioned a few times, editing the files sometimes has unexpected results and if you update the site and publish the changes in the Easysitwizard, your "unofficial customisations" will be deleted.

babyabroad

I think you can verify with Google by uploading an html file to your site - does this achieve the same thing?  If it does, do you know if that too disappears when you next publish through easysite?

babyabroad.

twinkle

I used FTP last night and stuck it in the public folder. My site is still fine, and verified OK.

I then made a change and re-published my site - it doesnt overwrite the inserted file as suggested somewhere on here.

Thanks for any help.

Twink

dave
Guru

My apologies, i thought you meant you wanted to add the meta tag via FTP.

Of course, you were able to upload the html file, I forgot that they allowed that as an alternative method. Smiley Indifferent

DavidDavies

Hi Twinkle,

Very useful post

Regards

Dave

Message Edited by DavidDavies on 19-06-2009 10:05 AM