cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosted VOIP capabilities

garyc5463

Hi,

We are looking at a small phone system for our office. At present, there are 3 people in there, sharing two Falcon phones on Broadband voice. We would like to move up to Hosted VOIP, as long as it can do the following:

Have one main office number, which will ring all 3 phones (or at least all the ones not currently in use)

Have individual numbers for each phone (DDI style)

Be able to divert all I/C calls to the main number to a mobile, whilst still being able to receive I/C calls on the desk phones if dialled direct

Be able to transfer calls from one to another

Be able to set Do Not Disturb on a phone by phone basis

Be able to add additional phones to this if necessary, as we (hopefully) grow.

Continue using our fax machine on line 2 of the Broadband hub.

I'm hoping all this is possible - I'm assuming it shouldn't be too unreasonable a demand!

Thanks

Gary

3 REPLIES 3

garyc5463

Apologes for this - just realised I was in the wrong forum!!!

garybrett1703

Hi there, not sure if your sorted now but all that is easily possible and more.

We use a hosted VOIP provider and down/upgrade handsets as & when required. Its also very easy to take the handsets out of office, plug in at home/hotel etc, this allows you to have the office number and act as though you are in the office, good for homeworkers, sickness etc.

All calls to 01 & 02 numbers are free, just calls to non geo & mobiles are charged. Obviously you need a stable broadband connection & depending on service may need to open up some firewall ports but thats no drama.

Cheers

martin86
Master User

I recommend downloading the BT Hosted VoIP user guide. It explains a lot of the functionality you've described, including Hunt Groups and Call Pick Up groups. I believe the auto-attendant feature is best covered by "Find-Me-Follow-Me", but any of these tools can be customised online according to your requirements.