cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I publish my site via Dreamwaver.

rogertull09

How do I publish my site via Dreamwaver.

I have uploaded my website in Dreamwaver via FTP to the /Public folder on my domain name account public folder

I can see my file on the ftp site folder /public

I selected the PUT button (blue Arrow) in Dreamwaver to upload the my site..  but does not publish.

but my website still shows the wizard pro site I created. do i have to delete this first?

I do not want to use the wizards pro templates as you can not edit the layout of the menu buttons. only rename/ add.

can you help?

2 REPLIES 2

BLWRAVE
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hello

When you upload your Content are you in the public folder?  You would have to be in the folder itself check your file manger to make sure the content is not outside of the public and as soon as that is done your site that you created in Dreamweaver will overwrite the older site you had.   

reptilehunter

I had the same problem with dreamweaver, spoke to bt and they said the server dosent like dreamweaver so i used filezila which is a free download and my site was up in minutes, i spent the whole weekend battling with it, i would mayby give that ago you can still create and edit your site in dreamweaver just not upload it.

hope this helps