cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

created site in webplus9 posted ok but cannot see it

ianwilson

Hi

I already have a site created with BT easysite wizard, which works ok.

I have created a new site using webplus9, and have uploaded it ok.  unforunatley when I go to that site it is still the site that was created with easy wizard. How can I sort this???

Can anyone help please

cheers

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

duskjome
BT Partner
BT Partner

It is possible the webplus9 site is publishing a file to public that the server is not set to recognize before the index.html from easysitewizard. Check in either your file manager or you webplus9 and see what the file name is for it's default homepage. If it is you have a few options to correct this. The easiest is to rename the index file from easysitewizard to something like index.html_off. If your webplus9 is publishing with a similar file (index. anything or home.anything should be fine) it should be picked up automatically.

Another option is to add a line like this "DirectoryIndex filename.html index.cgi index.pl default.htm index.php" to a text file called .htaccess in your public directory and replace "filename.html" with the name of the correct index file.

Hope one of these options work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

duskjome
BT Partner
BT Partner

It is possible the webplus9 site is publishing a file to public that the server is not set to recognize before the index.html from easysitewizard. Check in either your file manager or you webplus9 and see what the file name is for it's default homepage. If it is you have a few options to correct this. The easiest is to rename the index file from easysitewizard to something like index.html_off. If your webplus9 is publishing with a similar file (index. anything or home.anything should be fine) it should be picked up automatically.

Another option is to add a line like this "DirectoryIndex filename.html index.cgi index.pl default.htm index.php" to a text file called .htaccess in your public directory and replace "filename.html" with the name of the correct index file.

Hope one of these options work.