cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many pages should I have?

lozuk1972

I bought the BT web hosting starter pack a while ago and my site is up and running. Can someone tell me how many web pages I should be getting as I only have the home page and 1 other.

Many thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

lozuk1972

ANYONE?

I had a look on the BT website and apparently I have 5GB of webspace. Unfortunately this means nothing to me. So can I add more pages to my website and if I can, how do I know when I'm up to my limit of 5GB?

lozuk1972

I've just spoken to a chap in India(BT help desk) and he said that I can have at least "a few hundred more pages" if its just text and a few pictures on each page!!

Cantoris
Power User

Dear Lozuk,

Thanks for your supplementary posts. I understand your question better now.

How many pages you can have really is up to you. Pages with text only take up very little space. If you include large files like big pictures, videos or recordings, the space goes more quickly. For example, 5Gb would fit several encyclopaedias in text form, but only six or seven uncompressed audio CDs. Large files are slow for your visitors to download, so keep things small if you can.

The other consideration is how much effort you want to invest. Pages take time to construct. They also need to be kept up-to-date. Even static things like 'phone numbers can change. It is much less enjoyable maintaining a site than building a new one, so plan how often you are willing to do it. Start by thinking what you actually want the site to tell the world. Then decide how to split it between pages.

A Happy Christmas to you,

Nigel.

lozuk1972

Many thanks Nigel it's much appreciated.