cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've got my MAC code and I'm changing ISP because...

Chaoss

of this...

The packet loss on this server is absolutely attrocious. I'd expect better services in rural Poland. BT cannot do anything about it aparently for 10 days + another 7 days + 5 weeks for engineer visit. There is aparently nothing wrong with my line but interleaving seems to be stuck on fast and BT refuse to change it over. they have my on a 3db profile which I don't thinks helping all that much either.

Here are my modem stats, as you will see I should have good speeds and the guy downstairs who is on the ISP I'm changing to (We are on the same cabling/line pretty much) gets 22MB down and 2.4Mb up on Annex M. BT mis-sold me the product telling me I'd get Annex M but after getting the service activated soon found out that that was an outright lie. I've gone through the usual troubleshooting malarcy of checking/replacing calbing, plugged into test socket, tried different wired computer (with a clean installation of Windows 7 on it) and it's the same on all machines. Tried a different modem but gave me pretty much the same stats.

I need the upload speed for work and getting 70kb is a bit of a pisstake how am I supposed to upload the required 10 - 40GB of data per work night on that.

Gaming does not work on this connection at all either, I get pings betwen 850 - 990 and really bad lagspikes. Websites sometimes quit loading half way through, or I get blank pages and have to refresh multiple times to get them to fully load.

For a buisiness ISP it's absolutely attrocious. Think I'll wait until I can get FTTH/P (My line goes straight to the exchange) before I even think about getting a BT connection again. Their ADSL service is STILL really bad... although there customer service has improved over the years they are still far from perfect

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:1 days, 01:52:18
Downstream:21.46 Mbps
Upstream:73.9 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):2.9 dB / 27.8 dB