cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompetent BT!

Ugh

BT Test.jpg

Since December 2013 my IP Profile has been stuck at 2mbps.

Around two months ago when the problem was found we have experienced hours of pointless conversations with BT engineers, and have been asked so much rubbish it really makes me wonder how you acheived 9/10 customer satisfaction.

The speed tests from Speedtest.net, and your own speedtest result in 1.95mbps each and EVERY time, no flutuation at all. Your own results showed the IP Profile is stuck at 2mpbs.

So, let me ask. Why are your engineers asking me my model of router? Why are your engineers asking me my operating system? Why are your engineers then blaming my model of router, for me to then get the same speedtest results from a BT supplied router? Tell you why? Cause it has absolutely nothing to do with any of this, as my IP Profile is stuck, and shows how un-educated your apparent engineers are.

Even after sending you a screenshot from your own speedtest results showing the IP Profile capped do you then call me asking whether my router is directly connected to the telephone socket.....    well would you like me to remove the faceplate first!? Will it make a difference!? Nope, cause the issue is not on the LAN, but the WAN!!!

I changed my ISP to Virgin a few years ago because you are incapable of supplying the maximum throughput, had no issues with Virgin whatsoever, switched back to you last December and you're once again incapable.

9/10!? Well, I've three people here that wouldn't recommend you if you paid them. Pretty much like alot of your adverts though, pure rubbish!

3 REPLIES 3

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Ugh

I am sorry to see you are having all this trouble with the speed of your line.  If you click on my username you will be able to send me a private message. 

Can you please send me your contact details and the details for your broadband and I can have a look into see what has been going on for you.

Markp

Forum Moderator.

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Ugh,

Thank you for sending me your contact details, and details of the line. 

From what I can see, your line and broadband is with BT residential, you have posted on the BT business forum, you can find the residential forum here https://community.bt.com/ or contact the home broadband team on www.bt.com/chat and on 0800 111 4567.  As the business helpdesk is not able to test home broadband lines.

Regards

Markp

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Ugh,

I have been liasing with my colleagues in the residential forum about your problem and they are going to looking into your open fault and trying to get this resolved for.

They mentioned getting a reset done on the line to see if they can get the profile raised.

Regards

Markp