cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infinity not living up to promises

keyvid

I have suffered years of glitchy broadband with multiple visits from bt engineers, dug up front garden and complete rewires of all broadband related cabling.

On the advice of the last engineer we upgraded to infinity with the promise that all my problems would be history, but here we go again, despite the speedtest initially showing 38meg downloads (sounds great) I am now getting sporadic slow downs to 5 meg, really slow access to web pages, the connection seems to slow down when phone calls are made and I am now having to do resets of the modem to get the speed back up.

This is exactly where I was before, I really am running out of patience.

3 REPLIES 3

MHC
Guru

A couple of points - I assume that you have not interfered with te faceplate filter installed by te BT Technician.

Arre ALL of your phones connected to the faceplate that is plugged in to the filter?   I really do mean ALL - or is there a chance one could have been connected before the master socket?

keyvid

1 phone which 7 or so engineers have seen and tested, the phone cant be blamed and I was specificaly told by a BT engineer that I wouldn't have any more problems with the phone causing issues with the broadband which it does. what I don't understand is why I am not offered a separate broadband line free for a period of time to see if that solves the interferance problem. BT just dont want to sort problems.

JohnE
Guru

keyvid, please be assured thast BT do most certainly wish to solve problems experienced by our customers.  If you haven't already, contact us and if necessary, raise another fault: Contact Us.