cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal call transfer with BT communicator (or alternative)

curtjackson

Hi. I'm a little perplexed and hoping I can get a solution here. (Please excuse any terminological mistakes, I'm inexperienced with telephony.)

We have 3 phones in the office. A normal land line, and two VoIP via BT Business voice.

The VoIP line use two normal wireless handsets (plugged into the BT Business hub router), as does the landline (plugged into the main BT telephony socket).

There's only a few of us here, so we currently handle calls by having the landline divert to the VoIP lines if it's busy. We transfer calls by physically handing the handset over to each other when necessary.

I've just discovered BT Offie Communicator and have installed it on everyone's workstation, and handed out headsets, so we can all easily make outgoing calls.

My intention was to have the landline automatically and instantly divert to the VoIP lines and anyone can answer when BT Office Communicator lights up with an incoming call alert.

Trouble is, if someone takes a call for somebody else, there no way to pass the call over to them (internally).

We can all (in theory) instant message each other over the network using Office Communicator as the option is there, but there doesn't appear to be a way to transfer a VoIP call internally to another person on the local network using BT Office Communicator.

My question is - is there any way, using softphones, to allow anyone to answer an incoming VoIP call using their softphone on thier laptop and then transfer the call to another person on the LAN?

Thanks,

Curt.

2 REPLIES 2

SeanC
Master User

Hi Curt

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post, unfortunately this is not possible on our BT Office Communicator, only option that was designed into our (BTOC) was conference calling and currently there is no plans to redesign our BTOC software.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause

Regards

Sean

curtjackson

Ok, thanks for getting back to me.