cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links within a page

babyabroad

Does anyone please know how to put a link within a page - ie from a list at the top to a part of the page further down?

Babyabroad 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

orchie
Grand Master

Hey babyabroad,

What you need to is create "Anchors" on the page and then link to them from a menu. A lot of websites use this for "back to top" buttons for example.

1.The first thing to do is to create the anchor on your page by using this code with "go to bottom of the page" as an example where you want the menu item to take you, so lets say this anchor is right at the bottom of the page:

<a name="#bottomofpage"></a>

Note that between the >< you can enter any text.

2.Now on your menu/list you need to link to this so use the following on your menu:

<a href="#bottomofpage">Go to Bottom of Page</a>

And thats it, you are all done, here is a demo for you, if you have any more questions just post back.

Message Edited by orchie on 05-06-2009 04:57 PM

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

orchie
Grand Master

Hey babyabroad,

What you need to is create "Anchors" on the page and then link to them from a menu. A lot of websites use this for "back to top" buttons for example.

1.The first thing to do is to create the anchor on your page by using this code with "go to bottom of the page" as an example where you want the menu item to take you, so lets say this anchor is right at the bottom of the page:

<a name="#bottomofpage"></a>

Note that between the >< you can enter any text.

2.Now on your menu/list you need to link to this so use the following on your menu:

<a href="#bottomofpage">Go to Bottom of Page</a>

And thats it, you are all done, here is a demo for you, if you have any more questions just post back.

Message Edited by orchie on 05-06-2009 04:57 PM

babyabroad

Thanks Orchie for a really helpful response.

I'm putting the website together using the easysitewizard.  Does that mean that I can't view the code?  I also haven't yet published the site- does that cause a problem too?

Babyabroad