cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No help!!

coldpoison
Okay, i'm probably going to sound really dumb, but i'm trying to load my dreamweaver up to my database, so that i can use dreamweaver to do things such as work with the users, i'm finding it very difficult to sort out a log in function to work within my database, as i have no clue on how to use MYSQL or phpmyadmin, i'm completely stuck, i phone BT and of course got the usual "if you would like that sort of help, phone our premium number" which is robbery! or i get "we dont know how to do that" BT are useless to be honest so far with what i've seen. Yes I am probably being really dumb, but i need help! so if anyone knows how to help or anywhere i could go for help, please respond or send me a message, i will be so grateful!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

orchie
Grand Master
To help clarify what I mean, I've just installed phpffl from Sourceforge here, you can download it from here. This took me 15 minutes including downloading the source, reading the instructions, uploading it to my server and importing the database. If I wanted I could now customise the template and have a league up and running in a few hours.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

orchie
Grand Master

Hey Coldpoison,

What is it you are trying to achieve? are you wanting to amend the tables in the database? I know phpmyadmin and MySQL so can probably help you out, Dreamweaver really isn't the right program to be using unless you know what you are doing with SQL and then using phpmyadmin to import it to your DB.

coldpoison
Hiya, basically, i'm making an online football league for xbox 360, what i need to do is learn how to use the MYSQL and PHPmyadmin for stuff like coding a log in and log out function and things like automatic leagues, if that makes sense, i just need to learn my way around and make sure it is registered properly, My main issue is not knowing how to do things, like edit the database, insert coding and so on, i hope that made sense as i have no idea what to do :S

orchie
Grand Master
Hmmm, to be honest with no prior knowledge you are really going to struggle building this - it isn't a simple task. You would be better off (and less headaches) to use a premade script such as the ones here; http://www.hotscripts.com/category/php/scripts-programs/user-authentication/ or take a look on www.sourceforge.net a quick search for "league" brings up a fair few scripts; http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=league and best of all they are all opensource, so FREE!

coldpoison

i'm not having problems with the website design side of things, but just the phpmyadmin, with the pre made scripts, what does that do? sorry for this im a complete newbie lol

orchie
Grand Master

No worries, I get the impression that you have designed a site but now need to build the backend from scratch e.g. the database, using a premade script is basically the other way round. All of the hard work in the form of creating the database and then creating the connections etc. has already been done for you. All that you would need to do is then change the template that comes with the script to the design that suits you.

So for example PHPBB3 (A forum board script) starts off looking like this: http://demo.forum-software.org/phpbb3/ 

With a bit of playing around it can look like this: http://osc.template-help.com/livedemo2/forum_19520/  for example.

You would need to spend some time looking at the code of the template (unless using design view in DW) but it's a much easier way of trying to achieve what you want to do.

orchie
Grand Master
To help clarify what I mean, I've just installed phpffl from Sourceforge here, you can download it from here. This took me 15 minutes including downloading the source, reading the instructions, uploading it to my server and importing the database. If I wanted I could now customise the template and have a league up and running in a few hours.

coldpoison
hey, okay well what i have done is ordered a "MYSQL And PHPMyadmin for dummies" i'm hoping that helps aswell lol, okay, what i'll do is have a look at that stuff and see what i can do, thank you for your help, its appriciated alot.

coldpoison
hey, just saw the other message and ill look at that too 🙂 thank you mate

orchie
Grand Master
No worries, hope it works out. If you need more help give me a shout.