cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MORE PROBLEMS (AGAIN) WITH INFINITY

Jdatkin
Power User

After the previous problems i had with the infinity all appeared to have settled down.

Download was 22-25mb and upload 6-8mb ping latency 20ms 

(Even though i had been told to expect 56mb download) - anyway, got over that dissapointment and was OK with it all.

Last wednesday it was dead, not connection on the Openreach modem.

Engineer cam out thursday, and told one of my staff that he changed the modem, but had some stuff to correct at the cabinet and he would return friday.

I did notice that the modem is different. Looks similar, but it has round green leds not square, and i think its a little bit bigger and fatter - anyone come accross these?

Friday - Engineer came back, i wanst in so he spoke to a member of staff.

Told them that he completed the work at the cabinet and everything is OK.

**He apparently did read my note i left him where i asked him to call me but i never got a call so irang the infinity helldesk to get an update.

I told them that the speed was slow at 16-17mb, upload 1-2mb and latency 66ms, they told me to wait until monday for the line to settle after its reset.

This morning much is the same:

Download: 17mb

Upload : 2mb

Ping latency: 50ms

Any suggestions!!!

Also, i have another infinity on the same site, which comes on the same run of cable and drop wire but gives us about 35mb down!!

7 REPLIES 7

bombinho
Super User

I am sorry to read your story. I though that I had been mistreated but you definitely must have upset someone to get served this way. I have no answer just you might have exchanged download and uplod at the end of your post.

Sounds like they downgraded you to DSL2+ Annex M.

Ixel
Power User

Sounds like the modem you had before was a Huawei HG612, the one you've got now is probably the ECI variant. From what I've read the Huawei performs marginally better despite whether the cabinet DSLAM is using ECI or Huawei equipment. Terrible speeds though, hope it gets resolved soon.

It's a pity you have the ECI variant, as the Huawei can be temporarily unlocked so you can see more information about your line, e.g. whether you can attain more speed but you're being capped, or whether you're on another modulation such as ADSL2+ Annex M.

Jdatkin
Power User

Still nobody has called me back, so i have given them a call.....................

They are now saying that the expected line rate is 15mb ??????????? this has to be a joke rite??

Jdatkin
Power User

Forgot to point our that when i signed up for this infinity they told me that i should get about 56.1 mb download!!!!

Now theyre telling me that unless it goes lower than 13mb its all good!!! WHAT A JOKE!!

I swapped the modem with my other infinity line, and can see no difference in performance between the Huwei or the newer ECI modem, so i kind of ruled that out.

An engineer came out yesterday afternoon to have a look at the situation.

Sadly she was unable to make any headway.

It was running at 17mb download and she said that the system says thats fine ans she should walk away!!!!!!

On the other hand she did say that she can understand my frustration, being previously stable to 22-24mb, and having my other infinity line in the other side of the site at just over 30mb.

She agreed that both lines are within a few metres of each other (line length) and so even she expected each line to perform pretty much the same.

She said that she would raise it with her manager.

I have to say she was very nice, very empathetic and took time to listen, BUT i just hope that its not just left at that, i certainly wont be accepting it.

AT THE END OF THE DAY, i was sold this infinity being assured that i should get somewhere very close to 56.1mb download. 

I even called to check the speed on a couple of occasions BEFORE signing up and they assured me that it would be either slightly faster or SLIGHTLY slower than this. They didnt say that it would get progressively worse, to a point where unless it drops past 13mb they would they would do jack!!

Dont get me wrong, i dont plan on banging on untill i get 56mb, i know it aint gonna happen, but come in 17mb REALLY!

I involved High Level Escalations yesterday,(hence the engineer out same day) but im still expecting even more dissapointment.

I have also just had a reply from my local (city) newspaper, and i have also contacted BBC CLICK technology news dept and the telecoms regulator as i feel so strongly about BTs mi-selling, Poor Performance, Poor Support, and Failure to provide their '21cn' (21st Century Netork) and Digital Britain to people who they promise that they can.

I WONT STOP UNTIL I FEEL THAT I HAVE BEEN TREATED FIARLY AND GOTTEN WHAT IM PAYING FOR

ANYONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS

I APPRECIATE ALL FEEDBACK & ADVICE HERE FOLKS

Jdatkin
Power User

Come on filks, dont go quiet on me now???

Ive also reposted on my orevious post to bring it up so you can see just how much S**T ive had already??

Jdatkin
Power User

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS FORUM IF NO MODS OFFER ANY HELP OR ADVICE?

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

The mods do, on occasion, post help and advice.  However what is going on here is not something that help and advice can fix.  I quote, from the text box on the right when you look at the front page:

"These Forums are for BT Business customers to discuss how to get the most out of their BT Business products and services with other customers. Helpdesk agents monitor posts on a part-time basis but this is not an official BT contact route. If you have an issue that needs to be resolved by BT please contact us."

You're already in contact with High Level Escalations.  With the best will in the world they can do far more for you than anyone here.

I know you're frustrated, but they will try their best for you.  I know some of the people that work on that desk and they are straight up.

Dave