cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From BE to Infinity

ivaninch

Hi

I am changing from BE to infinity tomorrow afternoon.

I would imagine most people find themselves on this forum because they have some sort of problem so I thought I would post how my switch from BE goes and hope it goes problem free.

7 REPLIES 7

Ixel
Power User

I switched from BE to Infinity without any real problems. I had to resolve a billing mistake BE did to me, and chase up about the engineer as he was over an hour past the due time (but he explained that to me when he arrived and apologised, I didn't mind so long as he arrived and got me setup that day though), a simple call to BT Business and the helpful operator put me on hold, contacted Openreach who then contacted the engineer and 15 minutes later I had a call from the engineer to confirm he was ready at the cabinet :).

ivaninch

The install has gone well, on time and faster than the predicted speed.

I do have a problem though, when I checked my new ip on spam lists the ip is listed on a few, such as spamhaus and sorbs.

I run a few mail servers and they are all set to block from these lists so it could cause me problems.

we'll see

BoBeB

have you ordered static IP`s or was it the default dhcp allocated one that is being flagged?

the default one will not allow you to send email from it, if I didnt know better then BT have done this by design, with the probable reason "to prevent spam / malware being sent unwittingly from customers pc`s"

ivaninch

I have 5 static ip's but these static ip are only for internal use on my network.

I have to have a dynamic ip for internet connection.

I think if I change to one ip address then i would have a static ip for internet connections.

Not what I thought i was getting!

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

Aye that's the way our multiple static packages work.  The connection uses a dynamic peer IP address as a tunnel through to the network behind it.

As single static IP is tied to the connection itself.

There are tech guys who could explain it better than me.

Dave

BoBeB
I moved from be to Bt infinity and there were no issues.

I've binned the hh as its a no nat router and not really suitable for a business network with virtualisation (imho) and am using Cisco Asa and am just using the hh for wireless locally

BoBeB

which IP is blacklisted, the dynamic one or one of your static IP`s?