cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Office - Best way to transfer numbers?

Desmo

We are shortly moving our office to a different area but would like to take two current numbers with us. They are going to be in a different area code (01787 to 01376). What would be the best way to do this? I'm looking at keeping this as cost effective as I can. It also needs to be done fairly quickly.

I was thinking of looking at a VoIP package so that once the numbers are on there, any further office moves in the future mean our numbers stay with us wherever we are. It would also mean that I can work from home and still have access to the phones rather than having to go in to the office.

3 REPLIES 3

Alun
Master User

Hi Desmo,

Our Business Movers Team should be able to assist with all aspects of this. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alun
BT Business Support Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

Bharat

I  am  thinking  of  moving  my   office  to  my home    and   I  want  to  take  my  office  number  to  my  home  address.

My   office  number  is   020 8540 9995

I  had  a  fax  number   at  home   but  because   I  was  not  using , I  got  it disconnected.

So   perhaps   that   line  can  be   used   to   bring  in  020 8540  9995.

HowsThat
Power User

Hello Bharat,

If your home number and office number are on the same exchange you could have a new line installed with your office number on it.  If you Private Message (PM) me with your home number I can check this for you.

If not you have a couple of options:

1) You only need to receive calls on this number could have a simple Number Translation Service which will redirect office calls to your home number.  You can also add various options such as call whisper so that you know it is a business call.

2) If you need to receive and make calls from this number and have broadband at home you could use Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).  This is feature rich, flexible and cost effective.

If you would like to know more about either of these options PM me with your contact number and I will call you.

Kind regards,

Stuart