cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Premises - BT Infinity Business on Residential Line

Firestorm

Hi,

I Wonder If you can help? I currently have BT Infinity Business on a residential line and will be moving house in 2 months time, I have been told that because I have it installed on a residential line I have to move that first then move the infinity after the line is live thus suffering 2-3 weeks downtime Smiley Sad surely there must be some quicker way of doing this?

Many Thanks

Karl

1 REPLY 1

DanSmith87

Hi Karl,

BT Business and BT Residential generally behave as two different service providers and, as such, this is probably the quickest you can do this in terms of a 'move'. You have two options I can think of, to try and speed this up:

1) Keep your combination or Residential Phone Line and Business Broadband, but place the order independant of your current package. This way you can ensure that the service is live and working before you move. This is only really feasible if you're no longer under contract, as it would most likely still be treated as cancelling and subject to those charges if you are still in term. Also, if you want to take your telephone number with you, that could also be a problem.

2) Move your Residential phone service to Business. It's more expensive, but you may be able to get a package deal if you have both, especially as you'll be renewing your broadband service anyway. The quality of support is better than the Residential equivalent, and so is the service level; for phone faults on business, the Service-Level Agreement is the end of the next business day. For Residential customers, it's within five working days. If you're phone-dependant, that can be a problem. It's even more of an issue if you ever have broadband issues due to a fault caused by the phone line, as it will be a line engineer needed, which would come from your Residential phone support, not your business broadband support.

Once your line is business too, it should be much more simple to move both, although moving broadband and phone is always tricky. Good luck!