cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving business premises 2 miles but different exchange

grooster
Hi, I wonder if anybody can shed any light on this for me.
I run a small business with 2 bt lines from a residential premises. We are it he process of moving home along with my business, literally 2 minutes up the road. I have just found out today that the lines go to a different exchange from what I'm going to.
Can the lines in this day and age be moved?
If not what are my options and prices.
I need the phone number, we've had it for the last 20 years

If anybody can help it would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Nick
2 REPLIES 2

markp
Grand Guru

Hi grooster,

as far as I know phone numbers are not able to be moved between exchanges, one option would be to get the number you have ported over to a Voice Over internet line (VoIP) whish would mean you would make/receive calls via a phone connected to your broadband router to make/receive calls.

If you send me a private message with your contact details I can get a member of our Business sales team to give you a call on how this works and the costs involved.

Mark

grooster

Hi Mark, 

Many thanks for getting back to me.

To make matters worse, today we have found out that our new build property wont be ready until the end of January, so we will have to go into rented accomodation for 1 to 2 months, which makes things more complicated. Voip may not be viable at the moment with the temporary place not having broadband.