cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My oversized email has been closed. how to reopen?

forders

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OldWolf
Guru

Hi Graham,

When you log into webmail change the view to 'Messages' as this is the only one that shows the actual size of emails.  You need to do this in every folder, including Deleted Items, Sent Items, sub folders, etc.

If you absolutely 100% still have no email there, then contact support.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Dave A

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JohnE
Guru

I'm sorry to hear that you are affected by this.  Most e-mail programs these days leave a copy of messages on the server by default.  This will require you to clear e-mail from our Outlook Web Access service.

You will begin to receive alerts after the mailbox becomes 80% full, your mailbox may be locked by the systems if you exceed it's capacity.  If the mailbox was locked, then you will need to then leave it for a period of between 4 and 24 hours to clear.  If the problem persists beyond 24 hours, you would need to call the helpdesk.

You can also increase your Mailbox size  although it's worth knowing that this can take up to 24 hours to take effect.

If you don't need to leave copies of messages on the server, then you should disable this feature in your mail program.

grahamgreen

Hi,

I have also received this message but when i log in to my web access there are no emails to view and so i can't delete any...

regards graham

gugaguga
Power User

Hi Graham. Check your trash folder or something like a recycle bin and delete them if there are any. 

OldWolf
Guru

Hi Graham,

When you log into webmail change the view to 'Messages' as this is the only one that shows the actual size of emails.  You need to do this in every folder, including Deleted Items, Sent Items, sub folders, etc.

If you absolutely 100% still have no email there, then contact support.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Dave A

grahamgreen

Hi

thanks for all your replies but the only emails that i can view are 4 Sent emails that i sent as tests...

there are 'no emails to view' in any other folder includung trash.

i will contact support........

regards graham