cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating rules

alanchurch

When I first got my account I set up some rules for incoming mail. I want to set up some more but have forgotten how I did it. I can't find anything in the Help section. Can someone remind me how to do this, or point me in the direction of some help to do it.

6 REPLIES 6

John_D

Dear Alanchurch,

If you are wishing to set-up and configure message rules through the Outlook Web Access:

• Access your E-mail at myoffice.bt.com
  • Select Rules in the bottom Left corner
  • You should now have the Option for “New” or “Change Rule”
  • Selecting “New” will allow you the option for simple mail rules to Move/Copy an E-mail to a Specified Folder – Delete it – or forward to another E-mail account.

If you are using a Mail client (i.e. Outlook – Outlook Express – Windows Mail) details on setting up and configuring rules can be found here.

Regards,

John D

alanchurch

John_D

Many thanks for your reply, but these options are not visible on my browser interface.

However, I have determined why. It is because I am using firefox. If I use IE then the options you mentioned are available. So, my next question is why can't I see the options in my Firefox browser?

John_D

Dear Alanchurch,

BT Connect use Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 as part of the Email platform, the Outlook Web access provided by Exchange Server 2003 only offers access to the premium features such as Mail Rules when accessed via Internet Explorer.  Unfortunately when you access Outlook Web Access though any other browser you obtain light access which does not provide access to some of the advanced features.

For Further information with regard to this please view the Mozilla Firefox article found here.

Unfortunately I do not have any details if or when this will be upgraded

Regards,

John D

offpiste_man

Dear John D,

I'm astonished that BT doesn't put its customers ahead of Microosft's bullying behaviour.  I have wasted over an hour finding this out and I think BT should not put up with nonsense like this from Microsoft

Microsoft only do downgrades or "integration with Microsoft Office"  (this is code for "buy a competitor that is making Office look bad, strip out the software's useful functions and sell it for five times the price - see Visio, Groove as examples)

Thanks to you personally but no thanks to BT

BWs

James Gunn

OldWolf
Guru

Hi James,

In that little BT bash I think you've overlooked one sight flaw in your argument.

The vast majority of people use microsoft products.  I'm sure someone can quote figures, but I haven't checked myself for some time.

As such companies like BT have to go with the majority.

So if you want to blame someone, blame all the people that use Microsoft's products.  Sadly I am one of those people, so I accept my proportion of that blame with sorrow in my heart that I'm not a Linux user.

Cheers.

Dave A

gugaguga
Power User

I concur. I think 80% of working people use Outlook, which includes me. It is actually a good product. The pain here is getting to know its feature that best suits your needs.