cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member after feedback on Office Anywhere options

Rob178

Hi people.

New member thinking of taking out a Office Anywhere mobile package.

Anyone got any views on what hardware works best, or on how well the software works?

Cheers

Rob

3 REPLIES 3

Andy75
Power User

Hi Rob,

The type of device that would suit you best is really going to be driven by your requirements and your personal preferences. All of the devices utilise the Windows Mobile 6 operating system and come from the same manufacturer that being HTC. The main sort of questions that customers ask themselves are around whether they prefer to have a traditional phone shaped device or a larger PDA device and whether they opt for a full QWERTY keyboard or not.

Hope this helps.  Any further queries just reply to this message.

Thanks

Andy

BT Forum Moderator

ianfbrooks

I've had a HTC S710 (WM 6) on BT Office Anywhere for about 18mths.  WM6 is a vast improvement on previous versions but still slow and clunky by comparison to other mobile OS.  The key attraction for me is the sync with Outlook as well as multiple eMail accounts albeit BT failed to advise me than only ONE Hotmail acct is supported.

The other thing to watch out for is Wi-Fi calling - calls to 01/02 prefix numbers were advertised as free if made via my BT Wi-Fi router.  What they failed to make clear is that if you do make a call to a UK mobile whilst connected to Wi-Fi it is billed rather than taken from your inclusive minutes bundle.  Not just that but BT open separate accounts for Wi-Fi calls so you end up with a separate bill with an 05 prefix mobile number - to make matters worse, the called ID of the 05 number occasionally is displayed to the call recipient but, if you try to call it back, the number is unobtainable.

The BIG irritation for me has been BTs billing of the account - data is billed/itemised in hh:mm:ss albeit your allowance is metered in Kb/Mb!  Consequently I have pages and pages of useless information.  Also, no information on the total of used minutes/rollover minutes is provided on the bill so your usage is impossible to manage. 

I've been in dialogue with various people in BT on all of this and, 18mths on, I'm still getting the run-around. Smiley Mad

James
Master User

Thanks for your post ianfbrook. I sent your comments to the Office Anywhere team and they’ve informed me that they are currently developing an online account management portal which will improve most of the issues you mention. I haven’t been given a date for launch as yet but they’re looking to get this rolled out as soon as they can.

James

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.
Thank you.