cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New widgets

Clifton

We're considering adding some social networking widgets onto MyOffice currently we're looking at Twitter and Linkedin, let us know if you'll find Twitter and or Linkedin useful on your BT MyOffice page, alternatively if you have any ideas for other widgets that you would like us to look at developing as the new portal evolves then start a new idea in this section of the forum!

Thanks

Clifton

9 REPLIES 9

whizzbang
Super User

what would we see if we had a twitter link in there clifton, could we set who we're following and have their latest tweets shown on the page?

how about a sports news widget - bbc possible? F1?

Clifton

Hi Whizzbang, thanks for the comment. You can indeed do all of the above. We are testing the Twitter widget right now and will be putting it up over the next couple of week. I'll put some screenshots up for a quick preview.

We've got finance news etc in there and I can't see why we can't give the facility to have either a sport news setting or a custom feed reader - we'll look into it.

Message Edited by Clifton on 17-06-2009 02:25 PM

DaveD

Hi Clifton,

What about a facebook type module a bit like facebook mobile, so i can change my status and sends messages to friends?

As to the twitter and linked in modules I think that would be really helpful it'd be nice to be able to update and manage both services from one place.

Dave

Clifton

Dave you will be pleased to know that as of tuesday you will have Facebook and also Twitter available on MyOffice

I'd appreciate your feedback once they are live.

James
Master User

Hi all, thanks for your suggestions. Facebook and Twitter widgets are now live.

James

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.
Thank you.

accounting4mike

Guys,

The law of unintended consequences:

These ideas are great on a 20mbps line, but the reality here on a 1.1Mbps broadband

line here in urban Hampshire is that, when I fire up IE 8, the myoffice.bt.com webpage now takes THREE minutes before it is fully populated.

The little Broadband light flickers away happily as it tried to cope with the torrent of (obviously-meaningful-to-the-Twitterati) data.

I've tried deleting all the modules I do not need - twitter, facebook, tradespace, domain name search, free trials, web conferencing, Business Insight, BT exchange and Myoffice tips (having read thriough it first in the hope of enlightenment!).

Trouble is, next time I open IE8, I'm back where I started!

Is there an option for "people who actually have a life and just want to use BT Office as their home page" to cut out the cr4p???   Please!!!

Yahoo and Google do not seem to have this problem.

We ARE talking "BT Business", not "BT social chatroom", aren't we?

WilliamA

Hi accounting4mike,

Customer insight and site usage analytics shows us that customers tend to primarily visit the MyOffice site to access their emails and to activate and manage their BT products and services. As a result we will soon be changing the MyOffice site. The new design will feature a new and improved site layout and provide customers with easy access to their emails and to the products and services management section.

No widgets will be displayed in the default state of the new design meaning the page will load faster. Customers will have the option of adding widgets as required.  

We do not yet have a release date for the new design layout but we expect it soon, in weeks rather than months.

For further information please see this interview with the Head of MyOffice 

http://btb.lithium.com/t5/In-the-hot-seat/MyOffice-Interview-with-Amit-Akhelikar-Head-of-MyOffice-BT...

I hope this information helps.

WilliamA

MHC
Guru

NO, NO, NO,

I am getting tired and fed up with Twitter this, Twitter that, Facebook this, Fakebook that ...

Do people not realise how much corporate time is wasted by people updating and reading those sites?   

MHC
Guru

@WilliamA wrote:

Hi accounting4mike,

No widgets will be displayed in the default state of the new design meaning the page will load faster. Customers will have the option of adding widgets as required.  

We do not yet have a release date for the new design layout but we expect it soon, in weeks rather than months.

I hope this information helps.

WilliamA

That is totally WRONG.

I have the default MyOffice set up and guess what,   Facebook and Twitter are on there.

Get rid of them - they are social networking not business.