cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP!!!! reported attack site

Sarah1980

Hi,

PLEASE HELP!!!!!  Is anyone else getting a message coming up saying 'This web site at hosting.hostingbt.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.' when you try to open your web hosting page to manage it??  This is stopping me from gaining access to sort out my orders.

Thanks

Sarah

www.simplylovelygifts.co.uk

10 REPLIES 10

dave
Guru

I am also getting this in Firefox but it doesn't happen in Internet Explorer.

I have spoken to BT about it and they are aware of it and investigating.They don't yet know if it is a false alarm from Google who provide the data for this (quite likely) or something more sinister (possible but unlikely).

You can get round it by using a different browser or by doing the following in Firefox:

Go into the options and click on Security. Then turn off the reported attack sites option.

I have managed to get in doing this and there doesn't seem to be any suspicious behaviour with the site.

mischief
Exactly the same thing happened to me.  I tried to use Google tools to verify my site and find out what was wrong, but, of course, I can't access my website for Google to verify it!!!!!

tonykline

Agreed. Firefox 3.5.5 is reporting it using the Google attack screening mechanisms. Google reports site as follows below. I've also turned off the Firefox Security 'block reported attack sites' setting temporarily to access my website stats with no apparent problem (firewall and inline virus checker are both active on my machine). However I've promptly switched the setting back on. BT NEED TO INVESTIGATE PROMPTLY PLEASE!!!!

Safe Browsing Diagnostic page for hostingbt.com

What is the current listing status for hostingbt.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 21 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2009-11-09, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-11-09.

Malicious software includes 13 trojan(s).

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS30447 (INFB2).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, hostingbt.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. It infected 11 domain(s), including daretowrite.com/, tecniastur.es/, usip.org.uk/.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

tonykline
Please note BT is the owner of hostingbt.com which is being flagged, and it's for them to resolve the problem with Google.

dave
Guru
This seems to be no longer happening today. It was most likely a false positive on Google's part.

dave
Guru
This problem seems to be back this morning. BT said they are aware and looking into it.

joanne
Hi there, just tried to get into my website got half way managed to get into the wizard then it came up that my website has been attacked, been doing this all morning...Smiley Mad Everytime i try to find out whats wrong, it says google has picked up that my website malware?... i havent even verified my website yet with google.???

whoknows
Super User

If you are using Firefox, go to Tools , then Options.  In the pop up window click the Security icon.  Second option down it should say"Tell me if the site I'm visiting is a suspected attack site"  uncheck this and save.

You will be able to go to your ePages Admin now.

It's not ideal and you do need to go back and check the box again for safe surfing, but for teh time being it will allow you into ePages.

It doesn't matter about verifying you site with Google, it is picking up the BT hosting name not your specific site....

Hope this helps....

marrows

Can anyone from BT comment on this please.

I also have this problem, and I don't want to reset firefox. The security is there for a reason.

Anyone else with this problem?

Marrows

Horse & Pony Tack Shop