cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor broadband experience

thechannel
[title changed by moderators as contravenes forum guidelines]

I am loosing the will to live!

I am paying £ 30 a month for a barely 8mb service, my neightbour is getting 16mb on a non BT provider.  I called BT to ask if my line was capped or anything like that and why can't I have 20mb.

After they tried to sell me somethng and even tho I am getting charged too much I said I just want a faster line.  They can't do anything except sign me into another 2 year contract.  Are they trying to get rid of customers.

Another issue that has come to light is they are charging me for an Option 3 broadband deal, which means I am paying £ 15 a quarter for a mobile and dongle package.  I have never asked for this and never received either a dongle or sim (if I need one) but they cannot refund my money (2 years worth).  I have been on the phone for 3 hours now being passed from Dublin to India and back again!

I don't want to cancel my broadband but they are making it very difficult for me to stay.  ALL I WANT IS A DECENT BROADBAND SERVICE.  I don't like complaining but I have a stinking headache from hitting my head against the brick wall that is BT!

4 REPLIES 4

greychrome

Frances
Master User
Hi Thechannel Im sorry to hear you are having problems. Please could you send me a Private Message with your details including any references you have and I will have this looked into for you Thanks Frances Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully. Thanks

Frances
Master User
Hi Thechannel Thank you for your private message. I will pass your details to the relevant team for investigation and they will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Thanks Frances Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully. Thanks

Frances
Master User
Hi Thechannel I have received confirmation from the support team that they have been in touch and resolved this issues for you. I shall now close this thread. Thanks Frances Forum Moderator