cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems getting a straight response from BT

LinuxLady

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anybody knew who to talk to to get a straight answer on this as every time I contact BT I get a different answer. I simply want to know if the package I am on has unlimited usage or not, yet nobody seems to give me a consistant answer.

The background is that I've ordered BT Business infinity 1 with unlimited usage and 5 IPs and I've been given BT Business infinity 2 with 5 IP addresses. Every time I phone up, if I get through to customer services, I get told that I don't have unlimited usage, if I get put through to sales, then I get told that Infinity 2 has unlimited usage and I'll be all right and on the one occassion I got through to tech support they didn't know. I'm not worried about speed, but I am worried about usage.

Surely this isn't that difficult a question for BT to answer?

TTFN

Faye

21 REPLIES 21

Boabflix

Cancelled my services at my last home in June and was given a new account for my new home. The sale collapsed the day before I was due to move out on 27th June. I called BT to tell them and I was told that the services would continue. Sometime on 28th June all my services were cut of.

I contacted them and they said they would get my services up & running in 48 hrs. This didnt happen and I called just to be told that it takes a minimum of 5 working days to get all three services re-instated. 

In the mean time I have received 3 bills for my supposed new address, with a phone number for the address I was staying. I have had to do without services for almoist 3 months, till someone at BT told me that If I raised another order the previous order would be cancelled, and I would get my money back. The previous order is still live. I have paid 3 months in advance for the service by direct debit, because I'm afraid to cancel it and BT hound me for money.

During that time I was given a new number until my move went ahead. I paid the bill only to receive the new statement to say I've been charged £7.50 for a late payment, and I'm now in advance by 4.98. I'm in advance on an account that is closed. I have just received an email to tell me I'm now £7.50 in credit on a dead account. in actual fact I should be in credit for £11.98.

I have called BT around 75 times, sent several emails and been cut of so many times I don't know where to tur. The whole thing is affecting my health, becausse after 3 & a bit months, this is still outstanding.

The incompetence or lack of customer care is bewildering.

Does anyone out there have any idea of solicitors who will take this on. Non of my local solicitors were willing to dicuss it.

Also, I'm self employed, so I don't know how many business oppurtunities have been lost.

CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!!!????????

bwallum

Typical BT I'm afraid. My best suggestion is to use a provider that cares about its reputation like Eclipse. Then write to BT and tell them the situation, cancel any direct debits you have with them, ask for a definitive response within 8 weeks and you are still unhappy write to Ofcom. You don't need a solicitor, just be calm and patient and the matter will be resolved.

http://www.ombudsman-services.org/who-can-we-help-communications.html

After 20 years plus with BT I've moved on as they have become more and more negative towards their 'customers'.