cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Wifi dropouts

Trakotel

Hi Mark

I'm new to the Forum and I'm not very technically minded so I'm struggling a bit

Had Business Infinity with Hub 3.0 for about two months and had constant problems with the wifi dropping signal randomly

All the devices show as connected but won't 'speak' to each other. I have to disconnect the devices wifi and reconnect to get it to work. This can be every couple of days or every couple of minutes!

I also have Sonos Wifi music system. This is constantly in and out - can play for a couple of hours then ramdomly stop

I work from home and am also unable to connect my Sky On Demand Service. Full connection to the router but then fails the On Demand connection. I have spoken to Sky who have reset my box and done other tests but say it is a router issue and all the Sky products are working normally.

Any ideas?

I have toyed with the idea of a new routerbut I'm unsure of my technical abilities and buying the right thing

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

6 REPLIES 6

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Trakotel,

Thank you for joing the forum.

The issue you have with the wireless freezing and dropping out, could be a problem with the hub itself, what you can do tgo try and fix this, is to factory reset the hub, then in the hub settings turn off UPnP, this will also help with the Sky on demand issue.

Depending on when you received the Hub, it could still be in warranty so I would advise you to contact the helpdesk either via chat or by phone to get this resolved.

Here is the link to our helpdesk "contact us"  the link for chat and phone number is option 3 of the website.

I hope this helps

Mark

Trakotel

Hi Mark

Thanks for responding This is my second Business Hub 3.0 (BT sent out 2 by mistake)

After speaking to Technical Live Chat I've done the factory reset, turned off the UPnP as instructed, I've changed the wireless channels manually - tried Channel 1 , 10 , 11 , 12 and 13 to no avail

Bizarrely, today everything is working perfectly - even Sky, but yesterday there was no sky, no wifi music and intermittent wifi on phone etc.

I could understand if it was a constant issue but it really is random!!

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Trakotel

Keep an eye on it, what you might need to do is to purchase your own non BT router, as you have fibre broadband you can get a hub to replace the hub 3 and still use the white openreach modem or there are routers out there to replace both with just the 1 router/hub.

Have a look at this thread on the forum.

"BT Fibre/Infinity - Guide to using your own route"

Mark

Trakotel

Thanks Mark

I'll keep my fingers crossed for now.

I may be back for more advice if I need to buy a new Router and need any help with the set up.

Thanks again

Nigel

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Trakotel,

the main helpdesk and myself are only able to help with BT routers/hub, if you purchase your own router you would need to contact out IT Support Managers (ITSM) on 0800 500 247.

Mark

Trakotel

OK

Thanks Mark