cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: BT Domain redirect not working!

shawsism

Hi there, I have a problem with redirection of my domain name from BT (.co.uk) to my free webspace, I did try a couple of times the manage domain name forwarding service of BT, and i did receive the email saying that i will take 24 hours, but still when i visit the site (xxxxxxx.co.uk) it says 403 Forbidden: You don't have permission to access / on this server. but when i visit the free webspace it's working. I need to use my domain name because it's worthless if I cant use it. by the way on my free webspace, when i go to manage ftp page, it says  "Click here to access.NB: Domains cannot be used with this web space" What does it mean? I thought I can redirect my domain name to the free wabspace as stated on the Help and Support Article  http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8761/c/1995,2003,2045     

I'm hoping for some answers.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tracey
Guru

Hi Shawsism,

We passed this to the support team to have a look at and they have stated that the problem was that there was two "www" records, they have now rectified this so you should have no problems.

If not if you can let us know.

Many thanks

Tracey

BT Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

wokingbesom

Sounds familiar, I have exactly the same problem in that domain redirect to free webspace always returns http error 403 "website declined to show webpage" which seems to be exactly the same error returned if trying to redirect to any other (non BT hosted) url. Intrigued to understand the solution!

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I am sorry you are both having problems, could you please both supply your domain names and i can ask someone to look into the issue?

Kind regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

shawsism

Hi Fiona, I really need assistance on this, my domain name is freehaircut.co.uk. I tried to redirect this to my free web space for nth time but still having the same error. My free web space is not done yet, i'm still worlking on it but it's activated and has a frontpage stating that it's under construction. (http://home2.btconnect.com/shawsism)I don't know what's wrong with redirection service.

Please help me on this matter.

Thanks

Tracey
Guru

Hi Shawsism,

We passed this to the support team to have a look at and they have stated that the problem was that there was two "www" records, they have now rectified this so you should have no problems.

If not if you can let us know.

Many thanks

Tracey

BT Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.

Gristy13

Hi Tracey,

I am having the same issue with a couple of new domains we have ordered. However I cannot clear out the other www field from the domain management due to it being greyed out. Who do I need to contact to get this sorted??

Thanks...Chris

shawsism

Tracey,

Thanks for the response, I'll wait till tomorrow for the result, I just tried to redirect the domain again. I received the confirmation email, (as usual). I'm hoping that it will work this time. By the way, when I click on test link on the redirect domain page, it doesnt work. Is it normal? Anyway, fingers crossed. Let's see.

Thanks.

Shawsism

shawsism

Tracey,

Many thanks, I just tried to visit the address. It's working. I don't have to wait till tomorrow. It took a couple of minutes after I redirect it. (or is it already working before I redirect it? Smiley Very Happy I didnt check. )

Anyway, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. It's a good thing I joined this forum.

Thanks once again.

sHawsism

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi Gristy13

If you could please supply your domain details so we can look into this.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

phansford

Hi,

My Domain (http://www.crabtocape.org.uk/) seems to be having the same problems. If I look under the advanced management area there is also two "www" entries - the top one I can't delete.

Would you be able to fix this one for me?

Thanks,

Paul