cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register.com

buiz1

I have had a mail from Register.com asking me to confirm / amend details for my domain names, both registered through BT. Is this genuine? Many thanks for advice.

8 REPLIES 8

Ian1974

Hi Buiz1,

I can confirm it is a genuine email.

Regards,

Ian - F -

BT Business Domains

DB66

I have had one too .... it makes out that I MUST respond - is this correct?  The e mail is copied / pasted below.  It really is very confusing to know what is real and what is hoax and I am reluctant to give my personal details out having had my identity unsuccessfully pinched once!  Thanks BT for any clarification. PS I removed the real click here to get to my details!  

Dear Domain Name Registrant,

You are receiving this communication because you registered a domain name through one of our official Register.com® resellers. Register.com provides support and services to companies that sell and/or provide domain name registrations through a partner program. Domain names registered through these partner companies are listed in our database and managed by the partner companies. 

Register.com is accredited by ICANN, the non-profit corporation who oversees the domain name registration system. A policy established by ICANN requires that all registrars contact each customer and request them to verify the accuracy of their WHOIS information. (WHOIS is a publicly accessed database containing contact information associated with every domain name registration.) 

To comply with the policy, we request that you confirm the accuracy of your WHOIS contact information. Please note: ICANN mandates that inaccurate or out-of-date contact information in your WHOIS listing may be grounds for domain name cancellation. 

Reviewing Your Domain Name Information 

Please take a moment to view the WHOIS listing for each of the domain names you currently have registered through us. Please verify your mailing address, email address, and the administrative and technical contacts assigned to each domain name are correct. If your WHOIS information has changed or is inaccurate please follow the instructions listed on the "WHOIS Review" page (you'll see this page when you click the review link below) to update it. If your WHOIS information is correct, you do not need to take any action. 

CLICK HERE view the WHOIS information for the domain names registered through Register.com

You may review the ICANN policy here

Thank you for your attention to this matter. 

Sincerely,
Register.com Partner Program

Ian1974

Hi DB66,

The email is genuine, register.com are our domain registration partners.

The emails are sent due to inconsistencies in the whois data for your domain, in this case please contact us via the dns enquiry form at www.dnsforms.co.uk.

Regards,

Ian - F -

jenjewell99

Yes confiorm it... It's genuine mail.

MADY11

Great man, congrasss for that how you have done it can you please tell me the way.

ArvindYadav44

Go Ahead...Smiley Happy

Lorrainebarnett
I am trying to get my bill paid and i dont have direct debit or credit card or cheque can you help me please

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Lorrainebarnett

You would be best to contact our Billing support team, to find out the best way for you to pay your bills you can contact them via these options.

Markp