cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEO Problems in Google

JMB

Hi there.  I recently set up a new website and input all of the content and keywords on the Easy Wizard template but, for some reason, they don't appear to be picking up?  I've done a F12 lookup on the live site and can see all the content and keywords in place but when I key in these terms to Google they just don't seem to be connecting?  I can't even get Google to find the site by keying in the URL?   I know the site is operating in a competitive space but that doesn't account for the lack of connection even to the web site name?  The URL works when typed in directly on Explorer but not on Google.  Can somebody please give me some clues?  Have checked the set up along side other sites and it looks OK but not working!  Is there a technical problem going on?  Website was built in about January. www.transitioncare.org.uk 

Appreciate your comments all please.  Am at a loss to explain.....

Thanks a lot.

JMB

4 REPLIES 4

Sogo7
Grand Master

SEO RULE ONE

Never assume Google is stupid

Due to widespread abuse of the keywords tag search engines largely ignore it. For a Keyword to be valid, it must appear in the written page text. This rule has been in force almost a decade.

There is woefully insufficient amounts of text, aim for 250  to 500 words per page.

Typo-squatting (TransistionCare.net )  is something else that will make Google move a website down the search results.

"Transistion care" is itself a generic term that applies to many fields so it's not helping the sites uniqueness

Google is also smart enough to know that the logo is actually based on a  stock-photo image.

Note:

a LTD company  is  required by UK law to provide the following information,

Companies House registration and VAT numbers.

Have you submitted a sitemap to Google or any other search engine?

Lovelogic.net UK Jobs Scanner

JMB

Thanks very much for the reply.  I am addressing the matters you refer to and appreciate your suggestions.  I will check the text situation vs key words but think that in the majority they do exist in the content, although perhaps not on the page in question?  I'll check it through.  The number of words on each page was what was asked for by the owner.  They wanted it kept short and simple.  I can arrange for more text but that wasn't what they wanted.  Does this for some reason stop Google searching it?  When you talk about 'typo-squatting' can you explain a little more please?  Transition Care Ltd is their name and their URL is transitioncare.org.uk.  These are genuine details and reflect their business?  I agree that they are operating in an area with lots of web connections and many competitors but, if I understand you correctly, are you saying that the whole site has been ignored by Google because of this?  Sorry if I'm being thick here but my main question was why even keying in the URL to Google wasn't linking to the site?  I've never seen that happen before?  Thanks again for the information and I'll crack on with the changes!  All the best.

orthohin
Grand Master

Have you register your site to

www.google.com/webmasters/tools/

Please register your site here and you will find your site to google search.

Thanks

markwillson400

Firstly register your website in to Google Webmaster Tools then check out your errors....