cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website built by BT is a nightmere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fight1

I asked BT to build a website for my new business in October 2012.

I was told that it would take around 8 - 10 weeks to complete!!! 15 weeks later I was still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked for very specific things, like having variation on my products etc.

I was told that I would recieve upto 10 hours with a professional web designer who would guide me through the process as my site was being built, ha ha ha what a joke,

I was called by the designer once, I gave him example sites tols him how I would like it to look and left it with him , expecting that I would get numerous calls asking me how I wanted certain aspects to look and how I wanted pages set out, That did not happen.

The built my home page and asked me if it was ok, I replied with a long list of changes, a few weeks later they emailed me again asking to check the home page, They had changed about 6 of the maybe 26 things i'd asked them to do. 

This happened another 5-6 times before it was finally done!!!! = waste of time

2 weeks after the home page was finished I had heard nothing so after another few weeks of chasing them up they called me and said my site was finished and if I would sign it off!!!!!

They hadn't asked me how I would like any of the pages to look or be set out!!!! How is that a professional way of working , I told them from the start I had no clue of how the process worked and they assured me they would work with me to get the site exactly how I wanted it!!!! 

So I came back to them again with a long list of problems and issues with the site, this was met with a less than helpful attitude , and again they change 1 or 2 thing and then come back to me saying it has been done, do they think there customers are stupid????

There are so many problems with the site I cannot possibly this them all here. 

To sum up I wish I hadn't ever choose BT to build my site , It is still not finished !!!

The customer service is so un-professional it is unbelieveable !!!!!

The website is substandard with spelling mistakes , different fonts used all over the place, add to cart buttons covering wording, The Go button on the home page does not line up with the search bar!!! ( I have asked them to sort this out at least 10 times -  the answer I get is that it is the browser i'm using!!!! what does that have to do with it???? it should be the same on all browsers!!!!) , going through the check out is 5 different pages long so customer will hate the process!!!! and along with a catalouge of other messy mistakes the site is SUB - STANDARD.

My advice is DO NOT USE BT TO BUILT YOUR WEBSITE, it's not worth the hassel , once they have your money they don't care!!! and don't do what they say they will..

All the above problems with the site were even afyter their so called quality control team had passed the site ha ha ha ha ha.

oh I nearly forgot to say they also messed up our domain name and did not even register it as promised!!!

If anyone would like to contact me to discuss (it would be great for BT themselves would , but that is very unlikley) my email address is fightequipmentuk@hotmail.co.uk , my names is James and if you want ot look at my mess of a website it's -http://www.fightequipmentuk.com/index.php

1 REPLY 1

Sogo7
Grand Master

Hi James,

I dread to ask what you paid for that site, personally I would not of signed off the design as acceptable based purely on its on screen appearance. WTF is going on with the company logo being chopped off like that?

Typos in the Terms & Conditions is also really worrying, images not optomised (should be gif or jpg format not png ) and generally poor attention to detail.Sadly things get even worse now that I'm looking at the client side code itself.

<meta name="generator" content="Joomla! 1.5 - Open Source Content Management" />

Joomla is a CMS or Content Management System.. pick a template then fill in the blanks eg: text & images.

Incidently it's also a free package for anybody to download and the latest current version is 3.0 that has lots of new features, security patches and bug-fixes that would of prevented some of the cross-browser compatability errors and made the site more friendly for mobile devices. 

Whilst site building packages and CMS systems are known to produce untidy HTML code,  what I'm seeing is frankly abhorrent. Of course these days I'm more of a backend coder messing around with web servers if you want a brutally honest appraisal by freelance web designers go to ... http://thewebdesignforum.co.uk/

Lovelogic.net UK Jobs Scanner