cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety valve

BEEJAYEFF

At last I've found a place where disgruntled BT customers can let off steam.  Having been told a couple of months ago that I would get a faster router and save money by transferring from BT Residential to BT Business ... and in answer to my specific question about the quality of customer support, I was told that it would be far better ... I decided to switch.  Initial impressions are extremely poor.  They could not get my btconnect name correct, despite several promises (no problem actually, as I cannot foresee when I would use it).

I was also promised that my direct debit would carry across with no problems.  That turns out to have been a half truth, in that the DD was transferred, but only for the Broadband service - so I start getting stroppy letters about overdue bills for the voice line.  To find out that the bill is split like this, however, has involved the usual faffing around with truly awful automated menus, which will not allow you to make contact with a real person.  Sending an email from the BT website does not even result in an acknowledgement  It's finally taken me an hour and a half hanging on and being passed from one person to another before the DD situiation was explained - as far as I'm concerned it's a single service, broadband and voice - why do they have to complicate it ?

The statement about the Business customer service being better than the Residential one is a straightforward lie - at least with the latter you could get through to a real person, even if they did usually have a rather thick accent.

Why do so many automated systems nowadays say that they are currently VERY busy, experiencing large call volumes - when that is the same with every call - it's obvious they are woefully understaffed.

Rant over.  Until the next time.

1 REPLY 1

knobbster
Super User

Sorry to hear these buddy. Any updates so far?