cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending e-mails to btconnect addresses

andrewtguppy22

Hi,

Can anyone help explain why I can't get through to theses clients?  I do not get a message bouce back.  I can send via hotmail.  I have recently chnaged to IMAP rather than POP to sync. my accounts through Gmail but I still can't get btconnect clients to see my e-mails?  Is it BT Spam filters?

Regards,

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3

firionicable
Power User

It is possible that you haven't been able to set it up correctly. You can contact BT for assistance especially in setting your email with them.

andrewtguppy22

I have ben able to send myself a message through my btconnect account and it got through.  I can only assume the spam filters are set to high on the recipients account?

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi Andrew,

With outgoing email it tends to be more likely to be the recipient's spam filtering that is blocking your emails.

I would advise contacting the recipients via another email address and ask them to check with their email providers if there are any blocks on BT hosted addresses.  If there aren't then you should probably contact the Helpdesk.

Additional: I just re-read your post and you were able to get through with an @btconnect.com address.  That indicates that a block on BT is less likely, but your domain may be blacklisted.  Check on some of the blacklisting sites, for example MX Toolbox.

Dave