cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server outage in Kingston affecting many businesses in Bloomsbury

Casaucl
Tuesday afternoon our BT business broadband suddenly stopped working. After many calls to support and an engineer finally arriving on site on Friday, it turns out to be a problem with a server in Kingston. FOUR DAYS. The engineer was really brilliant and told us the problem immediately, but couldn't understand why BT still hadn't fixed it after all his time and the fact that he had seen the same problem with loads of businesses in Bloomsbury that morning. So, called BT support and was told by a nice gentleman called "wassim" that BT do not have any obligation to provide any sort of ADSL connection and said to me, "so what can you do about it?". Talk about customer service. So, no broadband for most of the week, no information from BT on if it's going to be fixed and when. I'm withholding payment. That's what I can do.
3 REPLIES 3

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I am really sorry to read about the problems you have had, if you can please private mail me the reference number so i can have a look at the case and see what is happening.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

Casaucl

And so it continues...

Just spoke to BT support again. It's obvious that their only goal is to deflect customers away from BT support. The guy I spoke to was obviously on a different planet to the rest of us. He went to great pains to explain to me that fixing the problem was nothing to do with him, but was down to wholesale. I don't care about BT's internal structure. He's booked an engineer for Wednesday, but an engineer's not actually going to come out because that's just to make wholesale aware of a problem which they should have been fixing since last week. I'm starting to lose the will to live here.

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

Thank you for the private mail. I have asked one of my colleagues within the technical team to look over your case and try to find out what is happening with the engineers. They are going to contact you with some further information about this issue.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.