cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Local network 3 Macs

PixelPyro

Hi,

I've recently had BT Inifity installed and am having issues with setting up an internal network. Prior to the switch over I used to have standard 8mb Broadband using a Netgear router - all the machines where shared and one had a shared printer connected - always worked no problem.

Since installing the new BT Business Hub 3.0A none of the Mac's see any of the others on "network" - all on the same WiFi all have different IP addresses but nothing. I know it is to do withthe Hub as we also have Sky Broadband installed and if I switch to that all the machines popup and are "sharable" can printer and share files etc. SO has to be something with the Hub.

Unfortunetally I called BT and they say it's an IT Support issue and want to charge me for a call to IT Support to "try" and get it set up. It's probably something very simple but I can't locate anuthing of use when logging into the Hub Control Panel.

Any assistanc would be greatly appreciated. FYI I did see the link to Home Network Guide but sadly this doesn't cover the Hub I have.

Cheers

PP

1 REPLY 1

Burkem5
Guru

Hi there PixelPyro

This may be an issue with sharing settings on the router,  these seem to be fine on the mac.  It may aslo be an issue with Local Static addresses not being assigned to the equipment.

I will be honest with you i have not set up a local netowork or wireless printing on the Hub 3,  but this would be my best guess

Thanks