cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short descriptions not updating!

estylingerie

On the page:

http://www.estylingerie.com/epages/BT3917.sf/en_GB/?ViewAction=View&ObjectID=21742284&Page=2

The short description (the one you type in the top description box above the main description box when creating the product listing) shows up as "Normally £78.00...".

I've changed this to "Normally £83.00...", saved the changes and updated the page cache but it hasn't changed on the website. Every time I've made a change in the past it's been instant so no idea why these are not updating, can anyone help???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

graemewilliams
Super User

Hi

It looks like you are using product variations. The problem you are seeing is common and due to a "bug". It's not a big issue though.

I assume you have changed the description to the master product only. This should also automatically update all product variations. However, it doesn't always do this.

To fix, drill down to description of each product variation. Highlight all text in this field, press delete and then "Save" button. When page refreshes it will reappear with your updated text.

It could be a bit of a pain if you've got a lot of variations to do.......

--------------------------------------------------------------
www.rikkismusic.com
www.epagesdesign.wordpress.com - Tutorials, Tips & Ideas on ePages Ecommerce software.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

graemewilliams
Super User

Hi

It looks like you are using product variations. The problem you are seeing is common and due to a "bug". It's not a big issue though.

I assume you have changed the description to the master product only. This should also automatically update all product variations. However, it doesn't always do this.

To fix, drill down to description of each product variation. Highlight all text in this field, press delete and then "Save" button. When page refreshes it will reappear with your updated text.

It could be a bit of a pain if you've got a lot of variations to do.......

www.rikkismusic.com
www.epagesdesign.wordpress.com - Tutorials, Tips & Ideas on ePages Ecommerce software.

estylingerie

Great thank you will, will change that now!

graemewilliams
Super User

I've just had another look at your website. Maybe you don't realise but epages has a built-in feature for doing price comparisons. Go to the General tab for your product. Next to List Price, click "Display Price Comparison". The right hand price will be your "Normal" price, and the left hand one will be your "Actual" price.

You can change the text next to the price comparison and whether it is striked out or not. Go to Settings > Product Settings > Texts. Here is an example where text is set to "RRP" with Strike out:

http://www.rikkismusic.com/LAG-Tramontane-T66D-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar

www.rikkismusic.com